I wanted to share a few photos from an exciting event which we held this afternoon here in the House of Commons.
We brought together Birmingham business leaders, academics and politicians with a group of Chinese investors to make the case for further Chinese investment in Birmingham.
The West Midlands is already a centre for Chinese investment - it's the only region in the UK with an export surplus to China. But we want to build upon that success.
I chaired the proceedings and we had presentations from a stellar cast of speakers, you can access their presentations below:
- Jack Dromey MP for Birmingham Erdington
- Richard Burden MP for Birmingham Northfield
- Professor Sir David Eastwood, Vice-Chancellor, Birmingham University
You can read Sir David's speech here
- Neil Rami, Chief Executive, Marketing Birmingham
You can see Neil's presentation here
- Tim Pile, President, Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
- James HunterJohnston, Marketing Manager, NVC Lighting
You can see James' presentation here