I wanted to share a few photos from an exciting event which we held this afternoon here in the House of Commons.
We brought together Manchester business leaders, academics and politicians with a group of Chinese investors to make the case for further Chinese investment in Manchester.
I chaired the proceedings and we had presentations from a stellar cast of speakers,
- Lucy Powell MP for Manchester Central
- Mike Kane MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
- Mike Emmerich, Chief Economic Adviser to Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Tim Newns, Chief Executive MIDAS
- Clive Memmott, Chief Executive, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Lau Yew Cheong, Executive Director, Beijing Construction Engineering Group (BCEG)
- Rt Hon Hazel Blears MP Salford and Eccles
The event was covered by UKJS, a link to the article can be found here.